Thread poster: Rain Na Bun

Rain Na Bun
Thailand
Local time: 12:12
Member (2011)
English to Thai
Sep 13, 2013

Hi,

How to review a translated rtf document, which has both source text (in the left-hand side) and translated text (in the right-hand side), in Studio 2011?

I opened the document in Studio 2011, all of the text appeared in the left-hand side of Studio 2011.
How can I open to review and the source text on the left, and translated text appears on the right side?

Thank you very much.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:12
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
One option: convert to Excel Sep 13, 2013

Rain Na Bun wrote:
How to review a translated rtf document, which has both source text (in the left-hand side) and translated text (in the right-hand side), in Studio 2011?

One option: copy/paste the RTF file's content to an Excel file, and use this method:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC6TZ_GP5nk

Just remember that if your RTF file contains line breaks in mid-cell, it will paste incorrectly in Excel.

Rain Na Bun
Thailand
Local time: 12:12
Member (2011)
English to Thai
TOPIC STARTER
Problem Sep 14, 2013

Hi Samual,

Thank you for your help.

I copied/pasted the RTF file's content to an Excel file and saved as CSV, then opened it in Studio 2011.
There were text in 2 columns, but no translated text (Thai) in right hand side, only source text (English) in the left and some source text appeared in the right, and many segments in the right side were in Chinese language.

Thank you.

[Edited at 2013-09-14 01:52 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-09-14 01:56 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-09-14 01:58 GMT]

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:12
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Another option Sep 14, 2013

Rain Na Bun wrote:

This won't help, but I'll mention it anyway: another option is to convert the table to an old-style uncleaned RTF file . Studio 2011 can open such files as bilingual files.

However, the process of converting it is a little too difficult for me to explain here, because Studio 2011 doesn't accept a such a bilingual file unless the tags are marked using the exactly correct style, and doing that is almost too difficult even for me.

Wordfast Classic will accept an uncleaned RTF file even if the tags are not marked up properly, but Studio 2011 and TagEditor 2007 refuses it. In fact, Studio 2011 will refuse to even open an RTF file if it detects the tw4winMark style in it but without any compliantly styled segments.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: review document without sdl xliff

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search