Studio shortcut to move from Search (F4) to the actual segment found?
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 14, 2013

Dear colleagues,

I often use search function in Studio 2011, particularly the F4 shortcut. The process is not as efficient as I would like it to be because when I have found a segment using F4, I can't seem to find a way to actually get into this segment using keyboard - I have to click it. When I press keys like for example right arrow, it moves me somewhere else.

Does anybody know the magical shortcut to start editing the segment that I found?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:47
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Alt+C Sep 15, 2013

Close the dialog box using the shortcut Alt+C and the cursor will move from the dialog box to the segment in question.
To continue searching, press F4, although the focus won't move to the new segment each time.
If you want to edit these segments, the best thing would be to enter your search term in the display filter box.
HTH,
Emma

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Emma. Any further options with F4? Sep 16, 2013

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Close the dialog box using the shortcut Alt+C and the cursor will move from the dialog box to the segment in question.
To continue searching, press F4, although the focus won't move to the new segment each time.
If you want to edit these segments, the best thing would be to enter your search term in the display filter box.
HTH,
Emma

Thank you Emma. When using the Search dialog, I press Cancel instead of Alt+C because Cancel doesn't depend on the active keyboard, unlike Alt+C.

However, I was more interested in the other method whereby I just press [Shift+]F4 without opening the dialog. It's more efficient, especially when searching backwards. There must be some secret shortcut for this, it would be strange if there weren't since it's a fairly basic navigation scenario.

[Edited at 2013-09-16 11:29 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio shortcut to move from Search (F4) to the actual segment found?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search