Another shortcut question: Switching between concordance search pane and the target segment?
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 14, 2013

After performing concordance search, I often need to copy and paste text from the concordance search pane to the current segment. Is it possible to switch between them using keyboard? Currently I have to use mouse which isn't optimal.

Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:20
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Shortcut-question II: Sep 14, 2013

Dear Artem,
I hope you don´t mind when I follow up your question with one more point which I found annoying already in Studio 2011: You still have to use mouse to switch between Editor and the MultiTerm box to edit / delete terms?
Best regards,

Matthias

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
F3+Ctrl+Alt+F3 & Ctrl+Tab Sep 14, 2013

Hi,

The above are the key combinations I use most, the 1st two are Studio shortcuts, you can customize them -> Tools -> Options -> Keyboard shortcuts - you need to highlight some of the text for it to work properly - I had also suggested that when text is highlighted in the Concordance window it should be auto-copied/pasted into the segment but to no avail so far.

Ctrl+Tab is a Windows option where you can toggle between Apps in a program - hold down Ctrl and press tab to move to the next application listed in the box.

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-09-14 20:31 GMT]

Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Ctrl+Tab Sep 15, 2013

...thanks, Bernard, it should work, but now a message appears saying access to app (MT) is denied because of security settings...I will post that issue extra. I know why I seriously never work with Studio (I just need it for file conversions and to open projects).

Best regards,

Matthias

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Java Settings Sep 15, 2013

Hi Matthias,

Control Panel -> Java -> Security -> set to Medium.

HTH,

Bernard

Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Great! Sep 15, 2013

...it works! Thanks and have a nice Sunday!

Bests,

Matthias

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Bernard Sep 16, 2013

Thank you Bernard, Ctrl+Tab works! A real time saver.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Another shortcut question: Switching between concordance search pane and the target segment?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search