How to send an XLIFF file back to the client after translating it in STudio 2011?
Thread poster: Mariana Rohlig Sa

Mariana Rohlig Sa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:55
English to German
+ ...
Sep 16, 2013

Dear colleagues,

I received an XLIFF file from the client, which I opened and translated in SDL Trados Studio 2011. I now want to send it back as an XLIFF file. Do I need to click on "export for external review"?

Thank you in advance and sorry if this is a repeated question. I couldn't find any related topic that would answer my question.

Direct link Reply with quote

Mariana Rohlig Sa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:55
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got the solution Sep 16, 2013

I think I figured it out. Simply need to click on "save target as.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:55
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Saving options Sep 16, 2013

"Save" (Ctrl+S) will save the bilingual XLIFF file, which is what you have been asked to deliver.

"Save target as" (Shift+F12) will give you the target file in its original format (you need the original source document to produce this).

And, since you mention it, "export for external review" exports the bilingual XLIFF file as a bilingual table in Word, so that it can be reviewed by anyone who doesn't have Studio.

HTH,
Emma

Dimmo
Local time: 11:55
English to Bulgarian
Another way (using Translation Workspace Xliff Editor) Sep 16, 2013

There is another way:
Open Translation Workspace Xliff Editor - Tools/SDL XLIFF Converter
There you will find the option to convert the file.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:55
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Why complicate things? Sep 16, 2013

Dimmo wrote:

There is another way:
Open Translation Workspace Xliff Editor - Tools/SDL XLIFF Converter
There you will find the option to convert the file.

I can't see how this could possibly help the OP. She has translated a file in Studio and wants to sent it to her client. Why would she want to open it in another application?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to send an XLIFF file back to the client after translating it in STudio 2011?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search