Thread poster: Gianluca Attoli

Gianluca Attoli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:43
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 17, 2013

Hi,

I am experiencing a weird problem while exporting a target translation in Trados 2011. I just finished translating a quite large file (35.000 words, .doc text-only file, English to Italian), but the exporting process results in a half-Italian, half-English file - in a consequent manner, I mean that from page 1 to page, say, 100, it's correctly filled with Italian target text, but then from page 100 till the end, it shows the English text. Like if at some point it stops exporting target text and places the source text. There is no errors in the file (especially around that "switching point"), and also I get no errors while exporting, it runs all the process smoothly.

What this is due to?

Gianluca

Direct link Reply with quote

George Cook
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:43
French to English
+ ...
Tag error bug Sep 17, 2013

In my experience, this phenomenon is almost always caused by a mysterious tagging error, which is not shown as such during verification.

If you navigate in Trados to the segment where the language changes in the output, and remove and re-insert the tags in the target text, you should find that the problem is solved. You may have to do this with several segments until the problem is fully repaired, however.

This has happened to us fairly regularly over the last few months, and this solution always works. It is never reported during verification, and as far as I can see this language-switching error is not a well-known side-effect of tag problems, but it seems that such is the case.

Sumant Vidwans  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 03:13
English to Hindi
+ ...
Same problem and same solution Dec 21, 2013

George Cook wrote:

If you navigate in Trados to the segment where the language changes in the output, and remove and re-insert the tags in the target text, you should find that the problem is solved. You may have to do this with several segments until the problem is fully repaired, however.

Hi,
Today, I also faced the same problem in Trados 2014. Thanks to George's suggestion. It worked.
Thanks George.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Troubles exporting target file in Trados 2011

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search