Thread poster: Blanca Amoroso

Blanca Amoroso  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:44
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 13, 2004

Hello,

Each time I open a translation unit in TagEditor, a message appears indicating there is no connection between Workbench and TagEditor. I loaded the DTD file. The Connect to Workbench button in TagEditor toolbar is deactivated.

However, after retrying the segment opens and the memory matches appear. This is the first time I have such a problem. Do you know what may be causing this problem and how to solve it?

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Blanca.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:44
English to German
+ ...
Languages? Oct 13, 2004

Hi Blanca,
The usual question: which version of Trados are you using?

Does this happen on a TTX file?

Are the languages in the TagEditor file matched exactly with those in Workbench? One of the most frequent reasons is a language/locale mismatch.

Best regards, Ralf

Stefan Gentz
Local time: 04:44
English to German
+ ...
Languages must match exactly Oct 17, 2004

The "Connet to Workbench" button is greyed out if you don't have a TM open or if you are already connected to a TM. As you get matches in the TMW, you can be sure that TagEditor is already connected to the TMW. Therefore I gess Ralph is right and the languages do not match. Check if you get a warning message regarding this while opening the TTX file. I had this a couple of times because the TTX had e.g. the target language "ES-EM", but the TM was "ES-ES". The solution is to export the TM and imort it into a new with the correct language pair OR changing the TTX-Header (second line TargetLanguage="XX") with a plain text editor like windows notepad.

Best,
*Stefan.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor/Workbench connection

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search