Is there a way to select certain pages to translate with Trados?
Thread poster: Rasa Didžiulienė

Rasa Didžiulienė
Lithuania
Lithuanian to English
+ ...
Sep 18, 2013

Hello, I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2011 and I have 50 pages .pdf document from which I only need to translate 2-7 pages. Is there a way to select certain pages in Trados settings? I don't need to get 50 pages source text if I need only 2-7 pages.

Any advice?

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:07
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Extract pages from your PDF Sep 18, 2013

Even if you don't have the full version of Acrobat, there is plenty of free tools for working with PDF files.

Otherwise, if the pages you need to translate have simple formatting and the PDF itself is not an image, simply copy the text and paste to Word.

Rasa Didžiulienė
Lithuania
Lithuanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Sep 18, 2013

So if I understood correctly, there is no way to select certain pages in Trados, is it?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:07
English
Alternatively... Sep 18, 2013

... just open the whole PDF in Studio and then Save the source. This gets you a docx... now remove the pages you don't want and create your translation project with the ones you do want.

Regards

Paul

Rasa Didžiulienė
Lithuania
Lithuanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re: Sep 18, 2013

It's a very good advice, Paul, thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to select certain pages to translate with Trados?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search