Studio 2011: just got a 100% match with different number AND number not replaced!
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
Sep 19, 2013

In Studio 2011 SP2 I just got this: "In chapter 6.2.1 point 2:" and "In chapter 6.2.1 point 5:" were correctly recognized as 100% matches, but the number 2 was not replaced by 5 in the second target segment!

Is this normal? I cannot rely on 100% match translations in Studio if this is the caseicon_frown.gif

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 04:14
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Not normat but does happen from time to time Sep 19, 2013

This is not something that happens all the time, but number recognition is not perfect.
This (and other reasons) is why one should never blindly trust 100% matches.

Although marketed and pushed that way, the true purpose of Translation Environment Tools is not cost savings and skipping entire segment of text because of some arbitrary statistical algorithm (that despite the common belief the machines cannot be wrong if only programmed the right way, does make mistakes). Their true purpose is to serve as a tool for the professional to do his or her work better. In this case, the true value of the 100% matches is better consistency.

[Edited at 2013-09-19 10:57 GMT]

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Never encountered that with the old Trados or SDLX Sep 19, 2013

Well, I've never encountered that with the old Trados or SDLX. I mean, the number here doesn't have any suffix or anything that could understandably upset number recognition (Trados 2007 included).

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 04:14
English to Hebrew
+ ...
I'm not justifying the error... Sep 19, 2013

...I'm just saying that it does (from my experience seldom) happen. However, if it starts happening frequently that becomes a concern and something to contact (or report here) SDL about.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:14
English to French
+ ...
100% Match Guaranteed Sep 19, 2013

... This is how you get a perfect match with TermInjector:

Use the following regular expression rule:

([A-Za-z]+) ([a-z]+) ([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+)\.([0-9]+) ([a-z]+) ([0-9]+) Dans le chapitre \3.\4.\5 point \7 

and you'll get this:

Dans le chapitre 6.2.1 point 2 :
Dans le chapitre 6.2.3 point 5 :
Dans le chapitre 7.2.1 point 10 :

Cheers,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: just got a 100% match with different number AND number not replaced!

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €495 / $595
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €495 / $595 / £425 / ¥70,000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search