Can't save to target
Thread poster: XXXphxxx

XXXphxxx  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:12
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sep 20, 2013

I don't need this on a Friday afternoon when I'm trying to clear the decks and get a job delivered. I've completed a review and cannot save to target. This is the message I keep getting:

"failed to save target content. the 'p' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'cf'. line 5. position 745"

It's Greek to me. Can someone please decipher that? Thank you.

[Edited at 2013-09-20 14:54 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Tatiana Nikitina  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:12
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Possibly problems with comments? Sep 20, 2013

I used to have such a problem when I made comments in the translated text (while working in TRADOS). I just deleted those comments - and saved the target

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 01:12
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Run the Verify function Sep 20, 2013

As the first step, run the Verify option of Trados/Studio. You may well get the same, as well as other, errors regarding missing tags.
Go to the segments (identified by their number) and make sure that all the tags in the source are also present in the target segment. Complete as necessary, save, and try to save as target again.

XXXphxxx  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:12
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 20, 2013

I tried the Verify function. It didn't work but I followed the advice here to pre-translate a fresh document and it worked a treat:

https://www.facebook.com/sdltrados/posts/10151361019662376

Edited to add:

I assumed "line" meant the same as "segment" but there was no problem with segments 1 or 5. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but what does "line" refer to?

[Edited at 2013-09-20 15:17 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't save to target

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search