Can't save to target
Thread poster: XXXphxxx (X)

XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:03
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sep 20, 2013

I don't need this on a Friday afternoon when I'm trying to clear the decks and get a job delivered. I've completed a review and cannot save to target. This is the message I keep getting:

"failed to save target content. the 'p' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'cf'. line 5. position 745"

It's Greek to me. Can someone please decipher that? Thank you.

[Edited at 2013-09-20 14:54 GMT]

Tatiana Nikitina  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:03
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Possibly problems with comments? Sep 20, 2013

I used to have such a problem when I made comments in the translated text (while working in TRADOS). I just deleted those comments - and saved the target

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 05:03
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Run the Verify function Sep 20, 2013

As the first step, run the Verify option of Trados/Studio. You may well get the same, as well as other, errors regarding missing tags.
Go to the segments (identified by their number) and make sure that all the tags in the source are also present in the target segment. Complete as necessary, save, and try to save as target again.

XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:03
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 20, 2013

I tried the Verify function. It didn't work but I followed the advice here to pre-translate a fresh document and it worked a treat:

https://www.facebook.com/sdltrados/posts/10151361019662376

icon_smile.gif

Edited to add:

I assumed "line" meant the same as "segment" but there was no problem with segments 1 or 5. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but what does "line" refer to?

[Edited at 2013-09-20 15:17 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't save to target

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search