English to Spanish
+ ...
any hint? Sep 24, 2013

FarkasAndras wrote:

Lorenzo Bermejo wrote:

750 GB HDD
i5 CPU
8GB RAM

A high-quality SSD would bring a marked improvement over the HDD, but otherwise you're fine.
Maybe you only did one test and that's why you got such a slow response time? Do several tests next time you play with the TM. At 3M TUs, you shouldn't notice any major slowdowns when doing simple concordance searches.

dear Farkas, if you have any hint about why James and I can't add the DGT TM properly to our projects, please tell us! I'ts very strange. in my case, the large .tmx was imported without any error messages to a newly created Studio TM.

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:57
English to Hungarian
+ ...
errors Sep 24, 2013

I have no idea what causes the runtime assembly blablabla error. It could be worth contacting SDL about it if they don't respond here.
The "file is locked" error essentially means that another application is using the TM file. This is of course unlikely unless you opened two studio windows. Restart the computer and see if it goes away.

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
possible solution Sep 24, 2013

FarkasAndras wrote:

I have no idea what causes the runtime assembly blablabla error. It could be worth contacting SDL about it if they don't respond here.
The "file is locked" error essentially means that another application is using the TM file. This is of course unlikely unless you opened two studio windows. Restart the computer and see if it goes away.

what I'm doing is importing the big .tmx file as "text without formatting" to a fresh SDL Studio TM. maybe that should work. I'll see the results tomorrow.

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
solution found Sep 24, 2013

FarkasAndras wrote:

it did the trick! I restarted my computer and was able to add the DGT memory to a project without getting any error messages after opening the translation file in the Editor.
thanks Farkas!

James, I would recommend you to do the import of the .tmx file choosing the "text without formatting" option. I haven't done it in the end, but you might give it a try...

James Greenfield
James Greenfield  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:57
Member (2013)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DGT tm now works, although still get error message... Sep 25, 2013

Well I did as Farkas advised and it now works, although the error message is still there, which is strange. Anyway, I'm going to create an autosuggest dictionary from the DGT TM, I think that might lead to good results, thanks

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
Java updated? Sep 25, 2013

James Greenfield wrote:

Well I did as Farkas advised and it now works, although the error message is still there, which is strange. Anyway, I'm going to create an autosuggest dictionary from the DGT TM, I think that might lead to good results, thanks

I don't know if it could have any effect, but have you installed the latest Java update? it's currently Java 7u40.

It might have some effect on the way the DGT TM functions with Studio 2011.
I'm only guessing...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing DGT memory to Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »