Trados 2011 Reviewing Function- Target file docx can not hide changes UNLESS I manually accept all
Thread poster: EricMN
EricMN
EricMN
Local time: 17:13
Sep 22, 2013

Dear All,

I am using trados 2011 with reviewing functions for MS word files (docx). I use MS word 2010

Everything seems to go normally within trados studio. eg

1} I right click a the document in 'file' tag and choose 'Open for Review'

2} During review, I choose 'toggle track changes on' under the tool category, and every time I edit something, changes will appear and be tracked with a changed colour or underline, etc.

3} fi
... See more
Dear All,

I am using trados 2011 with reviewing functions for MS word files (docx). I use MS word 2010

Everything seems to go normally within trados studio. eg

1} I right click a the document in 'file' tag and choose 'Open for Review'

2} During review, I choose 'toggle track changes on' under the tool category, and every time I edit something, changes will appear and be tracked with a changed colour or underline, etc.

3} finish review, save file and batch tasks----generate target file

These three steps work well.

However, every time when I finished review, no matter I finalize the project or not , the generated target file (docx) will always show tracked changes, e.g. an underlined word, a crossed-out word and words in different colours, etc. I can only hide/cancel them by clicking accept all changes in MS word. It's very irritating

My colleagues who use trados all the time told me that no matter how you edit in the 'review' mode, target files will only show end results (no underlines no colours no anything.)

I wonder how could I get this sorted?

Best

Eric
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 Reviewing Function- Target file docx can not hide changes UNLESS I manually accept all

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »