Error message when upgrading tmx file to Studio " ' is an unexpected token.The expected token is ';'
Thread poster: Clare Swann

Clare Swann
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:00
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 24, 2013

Hi everyone,

I know similar questions have been asked about this before but I haven't been able to find a solution.

I am trying to upgrade a .tmx file to Studio 2011 and received an error message saying 'an error occurred whilst parsing entity name' so I checked the file for ampersands and changed them all to & amp (without the space but if I leave it in then this forum deletes the 'amp'!). However I then got another error message saying: " ' is an unexpected token.The expected token is ';'. Line 11178, position 48.

The text in the line referred to in the error message does not contain either ' or ; so I'm not sure why the message says that.

All the posts I've seen refer to Studio 2009 and exporting the .tmx and creating a new one but as far as I know that isn't an option in Studio (but please tell me if I'm wrong!). The file is also a 1.1 version file so as far I know this also stops me being able to export it.

I have also tried copying and pasting the contents of the file into a new doc but that didn't work.

If anyone has any ideas or advice I would be grateful!

Thanks,

Clare

[Edited at 2013-09-24 22:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-09-24 22:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when upgrading tmx file to Studio " ' is an unexpected token.The expected token is ';'

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search