Error message when upgrading tmx file to Studio " ' is an unexpected token.The expected token is ';'
Thread poster: Clare Hearty

Clare Hearty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:57
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 24, 2013

Hi everyone,

I know similar questions have been asked about this before but I haven't been able to find a solution.

I am trying to upgrade a .tmx file to Studio 2011 and received an error message saying 'an error occurred whilst parsing entity name' so I checked the file for ampersands and changed them all to & amp (without the space but if I leave it in then this forum deletes the 'amp'!). However I then got another error message saying: " ' is an unexpected token.The expected token is ';'. Line 11178, position 48.

The text in the line referred to in the error message does not contain either ' or ; so I'm not sure why the message says that.

All the posts I've seen refer to Studio 2009 and exporting the .tmx and creating a new one but as far as I know that isn't an option in Studio (but please tell me if I'm wrong!). The file is also a 1.1 version file so as far I know this also stops me being able to export it.

I have also tried copying and pasting the contents of the file into a new doc but that didn't work.

If anyone has any ideas or advice I would be grateful!

Thanks,

Clare

[Edited at 2013-09-24 22:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-09-24 22:57 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when upgrading tmx file to Studio " ' is an unexpected token.The expected token is ';'

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search