Error message when upgrading tmx file to Studio " ' is an unexpected token.The expected token is ';'
Thread poster: Clare Hearty

Clare Hearty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:20
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 24, 2013

Hi everyone,

I know similar questions have been asked about this before but I haven't been able to find a solution.

I am trying to upgrade a .tmx file to Studio 2011 and received an error message saying 'an error occurred whilst parsing entity name' so I checked the file for ampersands and changed them all to & amp (without the space but if I leave it in then this forum deletes the 'amp'!). However I then got another error message saying: " ' is an unexpected token.The expected token is ';'. Line 11178, position 48.

The text in the line referred to in the error message does not contain either ' or ; so I'm not sure why the message says that.

All the posts I've seen refer to Studio 2009 and exporting the .tmx and creating a new one but as far as I know that isn't an option in Studio (but please tell me if I'm wrong!). The file is also a 1.1 version file so as far I know this also stops me being able to export it.

I have also tried copying and pasting the contents of the file into a new doc but that didn't work.

If anyone has any ideas or advice I would be grateful!

Thanks,

Clare

[Edited at 2013-09-24 22:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-09-24 22:57 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when upgrading tmx file to Studio " ' is an unexpected token.The expected token is ';'

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search