Studio 2011: Target file left partly untranslated
Thread poster: Jonathan Roberts

Jonathan Roberts  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 25, 2013

I've been using Trados Studio 2011 for over a year now, but I haven't had this problem before. I saved the target of a Word file, but about 3/4 of the way through the document it changes to the source language. There wasn't any problem saving the file and it doesn't make a difference if I save the file under a different name or use the TM to create a new translation. In each case it's the same point in the text where it switches to the source language. I've definitely translated the whole text including the parts that were left untranslated in the target file. The place where it changes is a new section on the same page, but otherwise it's not unusual.

Direct link Reply with quote

Tatiana Nikitina  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:45
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
I had the same problem Sep 25, 2013

I had the same problem. Possibly the issue is in some structural features of the word file. I splitted the file (removed the translated part from the target file I received) and performed re-translation with my TM, and so on, until all the parts were translated. Then I just re-joined them.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: Target file left partly untranslated

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search