Language pair using different translation provider???
Thread poster: Harmen Rijks
Harmen Rijks
Harmen Rijks  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Dutch
Sep 25, 2013

Trados all of a sudden refuses to access Google Translate. It also refuses to access SDL ATS.

All my files are UK English > Dutch, but Google refuses to work. It returns an error: 403 Forbidden. My key has been accepted when I set up the project and I've been using it for well over a year on various other projects.

According to Trados "The following language pairs do not use the translation providers listed under All language pairs. Review the list as required." It list
... See more
Trados all of a sudden refuses to access Google Translate. It also refuses to access SDL ATS.

All my files are UK English > Dutch, but Google refuses to work. It returns an error: 403 Forbidden. My key has been accepted when I set up the project and I've been using it for well over a year on various other projects.

According to Trados "The following language pairs do not use the translation providers listed under All language pairs. Review the list as required." It lists English > Dutch underneath and says that there are no translation providers even though I have Google Translate and SDL activated in the window above, together with the various translation memories I'm using.

I'm only using UK > NL and no other language pairs.

As usual the built in Trados help is extremely unhelpful and on the SDL site (My Support) I'm also getting nowhere.

Anyone any idea what's going on here?

[Edited at 2013-09-25 21:34 GMT]
Collapse

Harmen Rijks
Harmen Rijks  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Google wobblies Sep 26, 2013

It appears that Google has changed the payment routine. I now have to enter new card details, but...... it comes back with an error.

And no chance of finding out what the problem is. Just error..... Oh, how helpful Google is......Not!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language pair using different translation provider???

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »