United Kingdom
Local time: 03:24
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 26, 2013

Good morning,

Hoping someone can help here!

I've been supplied a package and I suspect something may be wrong with the settings but I'm not sure what.

I'm working with Studio SDL 2011 and multiterm 2011.

I can add terms to the termbase connected to the project no problem and then find them by searching using "termbase search" or by opening multiterm separately. These new terms do not, however, appear automatically under term recognition. Older
... See more
Good morning,

Hoping someone can help here!

I've been supplied a package and I suspect something may be wrong with the settings but I'm not sure what.

I'm working with Studio SDL 2011 and multiterm 2011.

I can add terms to the termbase connected to the project no problem and then find them by searching using "termbase search" or by opening multiterm separately. These new terms do not, however, appear automatically under term recognition. Older terms added previously during previous projects are still recognised normally both with termbase search and term recognition.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I've already tried closing everything down and opening it up again, removing the termbase and then adding it again.

Thanks,
Helen
Collapse

Helen Matthews
Helen Matthews  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:24
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Created new termbase Sep 26, 2013

By the way... if I create a new termbase and add it to the project, I can add terms to that quite happily and everything works fine: term recognition and termbase search..... so it's doing as a workaround but I'd really like to know what's wrong with the settings so I can sort it out properly!

Thanks,
Helen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011 Termbase search working; term recognition not working

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »