Segmented XML.RTF to TTX to unclean XML.RTF
Thread poster: Henning Holthusen

Henning Holthusen  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 19:17
English to German
+ ...
Sep 28, 2013

I have 50 XML.RTF files I need to translate (probably in SDLX). I would prefer to use Studio. However, while I know (in theory) how to convert these files into TTX and then SDLXLIFF, I don't know how to convert them back into an unclean XML.RTF format. Is there any way to do that?

And for some reason, I'm having problems creating TTX with TTXIT. It says "converted 51 files", but nothing actually happens. No TTX appear anywhere.
Converting to TTX with Tageditor works, but that's very inconvenient as I can do it only one file at a time (right?).

I suppose I'll have to use SDLX.

[Edited at 2013-09-28 05:53 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:17
English to French
+ ...
SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter Sep 28, 2013

Hi Henning,

Don't know why TTXIt wouldn't work - strange but may be you could try it the other way round with the above OpenExchange App.

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-09-28 15:03 GMT]

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 06:17
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
You should try TTXpress (Word template) Sep 29, 2013

This clever (and free) tool converts bilingual rtf to TTX and back. I lost track where to download it from, but I can supply you a copy if you write me privately.

Saludos

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segmented XML.RTF to TTX to unclean XML.RTF

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search