Thread poster: Michael Kowalewski

Michael Kowalewski  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2008)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sep 28, 2013

I have Studio 2011, SP2, Windows 7.
When I try to save the file (*docx or *.rtf) in Studio I get the following error message, and it won't save the file.
"The process cannot access the file Ç:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\SDLTempFileRegen\mjmwctx5.45z' because it is being used by another process." I don't know what the other process is. The file is not open in any other program.
This file name (mjmwctx5.45z) is always different and it doesn't exist when I follow the path.
I have deleted all of the temp files and once in awhile that will work, but not usually. I have also completely uninstalled the entire suite and reinstalled it and that does not work. I thought it might have something to do with the memories, so I made new memories (the memories work on my other computer with the same version of Studio) and that didn't work.
Any help would be appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:18
English to French
+ ...
Word Sep 28, 2013

Hi Michael,

Very likely to be Word, Task Manager, check whether WinWord.exe is running if so, kill it, should solve the problem but some other application must be starting Word in the background, may be one of your plug-ins, disable all of them, then reenable them one by one, you should find out which one is causing the issue.

HTH,

Bernard

Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 10:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
restart Sep 28, 2013

maybe restarting your computer should do the trick.
it did it for me with the same message in a different circumstance.
good luck!
Lorenzo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Process cannot access the file..." error when saving

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search