Studio 2011 project word count more than double actual count and "finalize" error message
Thread poster: Richard Hill

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:44
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Sep 29, 2013

Whenever I set up a project in Studio 2011 I have two issues, and this has been the case since I purchased studio a couple of years ago.

1) When I create a new project, merge a number of files and then open the project in the editor, the word count is always around double or more of the actual count. For example, I just created a project out of three files which total 1619 words in MS Word and 3928 in Studio.

My language pair is "es-MX" to "en-US", and when creating a project a folder is created for each language, so there are two sdlxliff files (one in each folder), so I wonder whether this affects the word count?

2) After translating, when I choose Projects - Batch Tasks - Finalize, I always get an error message in the "Generate Target Translations" step: "Xliff contains more than one file when one file is expected".

As above, two sdlxliff files are created, so I wonder why Studio gives the above "one file is expected" error message?

So as no target translations are created, I have to save each target file manually.

Like I say, I've experienced these issues for years, but just now getting round to looking for solutions, so any help is appreciated.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 project word count more than double actual count and "finalize" error message

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search