Studio 2011 project word count more than double actual count and "finalize" error message
Thread poster: Richard Hill

Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:23
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Sep 29, 2013

Whenever I set up a project in Studio 2011 I have two issues, and this has been the case since I purchased studio a couple of years ago.

1) When I create a new project, merge a number of files and then open the project in the editor, the word count is always around double or more of the actual count. For example, I just created a project out of three files which total 1619 words in MS Word and 3928 in Studio.

My language pair is "es-MX" to "en-US", and when creating a project a folder is created for each language, so there are two sdlxliff files (one in each folder), so I wonder whether this affects the word count?

2) After translating, when I choose Projects - Batch Tasks - Finalize, I always get an error message in the "Generate Target Translations" step: "Xliff contains more than one file when one file is expected".

As above, two sdlxliff files are created, so I wonder why Studio gives the above "one file is expected" error message?

So as no target translations are created, I have to save each target file manually.

Like I say, I've experienced these issues for years, but just now getting round to looking for solutions, so any help is appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 project word count more than double actual count and "finalize" error message

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search