How can I upgrade from SDL Trados 2007 to SDL Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Valeria Ricciardi

Valeria Ricciardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:16
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 2, 2013

Dear all

I have to upgrade from SDL Trados 2007 to Studio version (2011). If I go on the SDL page for upgrades I see there is the option I want to upgrade to 2007 to 2011 (euro 405), but once I select it there is no such option to choose (just 2009 to 2011 or 2011 to 2014).

Then I entered my account on SDL and I saw that My licences page is empty (??) and that under My downloads I have just SDL Trados Studio 2009 Starter SP3. My issue is: should I download this version before passing to 2011? If I got it right the Starter edition has limited capabilities and TM. This wouldn't represent a problem if I was sure I can rightaway upgrade to 2011. Is this correct? Or downloading the Starter edition would prevent me from upgrading to 2011 in anyway?

Thank you in advance for your support!
Valeria

Direct link Reply with quote

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:16
English to Italian
Info Oct 2, 2013

Dear Valeria

I am from SDL,

we checked in your account and it seems that you have 2 x SDL Trados Studio 2009. You can click on the Red Upgrade in the My License page and it would upgrade your license. You can then go directly to the latest version of the product without passing via 2009.

If you have any doubt - you could contact us through our LiveChat

http://bit.ly/SDLChat

Regards
Massi

Valeria Ricciardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:16
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My licenses page appears to be blank... Oct 2, 2013

Hi Massi and thank you so muck for getting back to me so quickly!

I am in My account page right now and the problem is that My licenses page is... blank! Or at least this is what I see. Or what I DON'T see! I went to My downloads where I found this 2009 Starter edition (which I am downloading right now) and that's all I see. How can it be that you see something I don't?

Regards
Valeria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I upgrade from SDL Trados 2007 to SDL Studio 2011?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search