Unable to open single documents and dependency files - Studio 2011 and 2014 (solved)
Thread poster: Lorenzo Bermejo

Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 05:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 3, 2013

I updated Studio 2011 to CU10, and afterwards installed Studio 2014.
I've run a repair installation on both applications to no avail, as since I proceeded as mentioned on the day Studio 2014 was released, neither of them will let me open single files for translation.
Studio 2014 throws an error message and Studio 2011 remains "dormant".

another issue that has appeared in both applications since I updated Studio 2011 and installed Studio 2014, is that when I need a dependency file for a project, such as a pptx file, both applications say they cannot open the dependency file because I don't have administrator privileges. this is false, as I am the administrator and the only account on my computer.

have any of you encountered problems alike? I really don't have a clue about how I could fix these two issues...

my system is a 1 year old i5 laptop with 8GB of RAM running Windows 7.

[Edited at 2013-10-04 11:58 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
solution for one of the problems Oct 3, 2013

I found a solution for the dependency files (source files) that belong to a project and are needed to translate Studio files included in a package. ok, if you put these source files in the Source language folder within Studio 2014/Projects/ the problem is solved! you can open and save your work.

I haven't found a solution for opening single documents. the error message I get relates to the path of the document not being accesible. I don't understand why!

hope you can help. thanks.

of course, I installed Studio 2011 a long time ago, and now Studio 2014, running the .exe as an administrator.

[Edited at 2013-10-03 18:01 GMT]

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
second machine Oct 4, 2013

on my second machine, (Windows XP SP3) I've uninstalled Studio 2011 SP2R and Multierm 2011 SP2, leaving only Studio 2009 SP3 and Studio 2014.
well, I have the same issue I reported in my previous post. I can't open single documents. neither can I arrange files to make a project.

nobody else has this behaviour?
couldn't it be a Studio 2014 bug?

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Panda Cloud AV was the culprit! Oct 4, 2013

dear All, I finally found the solution to all my troubles!
it seems none of you use Panda Cloud AV, or you might of had the same problemas as me?

I added Studio 2011 and Studio 2014 to the allowed exceptions in Panda Cloud AV and everything works fine now.

this thread can be considered closed.

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
allowed applications, not allowed exceptions Oct 4, 2013

I didn't express myself correctly... just if anyone else has this same problem.
it wasn't to the "allowed exceptions" that I added both releases of Studio, but to "allowed applications". just wanted to make it clear.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open single documents and dependency files - Studio 2011 and 2014 (solved)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search