https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/257348-studio_2009_w14_is_an_undeclared_namespace_line_9_position_8.html

Studio 2009: w14 is an undeclared namespace. Line 9, position 8
Thread poster: Angie Taylor
Angie Taylor
Angie Taylor  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:25
Member (2005)
French to English
Oct 4, 2013

I am about half way through a project, but cannot save the target text. I get this message:

Failed to save target content: 'w14' is an undeclared namespace. Line 9, position 8

I have seen a couple of similar forum entries on this, but they don't seem to help. I really don't want to lose the project, but the agency is now closed and the job is due on Monday!

Any ideas gratefully received.

Many thanks

Angie Taylor
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Nobody? Really? Oct 7, 2013

Surely someone must have an idea...

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:25
English
It may be... Oct 7, 2013

... because the word file was created with a Mac, or possibly with a Beta version of Word and I think 2009 may have had a problem with this. Try saving the file in your own Windows based version of Word and try again.

Regards

Paul

Angie Taylor
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Paul, Oct 7, 2013

thank you. I already saved it in Word on my computer before starting to work on it in Trados.

I will check whether it was created on a Mac though.

I've now translated the whole file, so really need to find a solution.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
In this case... Oct 7, 2013

... save it as a different word version anyway and then pre-translate the new version based on the TM from the work you've already done. It'll only take a minute.

If this doesn't work for you feel free to send me the original word file, and also the fully translated sdlxliff, and I'll try to recover the target.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Angie Taylor
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Wonderful! Oct 7, 2013

Thanks very much Paul. I copied and pasted the original file, then pre-translated it and it worked.

Thanks again

Lucy Hofland
Lucy Hofland  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
“Failed to save target content: ‘w’ is an undeclared namespace. Line 1, position 2.” Mar 18, 2015

Is this post still running? I have a problem with exporting a file to target language, get the message “Failed to save target content: ‘w’ is an undeclared namespace. Line 1, position 2.” It was a Trados Studio 2011 project, but compatible with Studio 2009 (which is what I have). Translated the whole thing, couldn't export it, so I sent the project back to the client, who says that there is 5% not translated. #*@%#

Any ideas? Anyone?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: w14 is an undeclared namespace. Line 9, position 8

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »