Any efficient way to add terms to termbases?
Thread poster: Thomas Johansson

Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 02:16
Member (2005)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 6, 2013

I wonder if there is any efficient way to quickly adding terms to a termbase in SDL Trados 2011/2014.

I use to add new terms by selecting the source and target terms in the interface and pressing CTRL+F2. Trados will then display the two terms in the Termbase Viewer where I can click on the Save New Entry icon to have them saved in the termbase. (CTRL+F12 won't work for saving entries.)

However, it appears this process is continuously becoming slower as the termbase grows. I'm only at some 100 terms and there is already a quite annoying waiting period of at least a couple of seconds from the moment I press CTRL+F2 until the moment the terms finally show in the Termbase Viewer. The problem was already noticeable at Trados 2011 but I get the impression it has become worse in the 2014 version.

Well, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thomas

[Edited at 2013-10-06 03:29 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:16
English to French
+ ...
TermInjector Oct 6, 2013

As an alternative, use TermInjector (OpenExchange) adding terms is similar to Termbase but you'll get the additional benefit to have the terms inserted automatically. If you want to use it under 2014, you'll need to copy it from the AppData...10\Packages folder to the 11 folder and restart Studio 2014.

HTH,

Bernard

Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Terminjector in Trados 2014 Oct 21, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

As an alternative, use TermInjector (OpenExchange) adding terms is similar to Termbase but you'll get the additional benefit to have the terms inserted automatically. If you want to use it under 2014, you'll need to copy it from the AppData...10\Packages folder to the 11 folder and restart Studio 2014.

HTH,

Bernard

Dear Bernard,
thank you for your useful advice.
Could you explain us better how to make it work under Trados 2014?
Thank you,
Bruno

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Here You Go Oct 21, 2013

Copy TermInjector.sdlplugin from C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\10\Plugins\Packages to

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11\Plugins\Packages

and restart Studio 14, works the same way as under 2011.

HTH,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any efficient way to add terms to termbases?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search