Segment ending up misplaced? (Trados Studio 2014)
Thread poster: Jonathan Zylberstein

Jonathan Zylberstein  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:17
Member (2012)
English to Swedish
Oct 8, 2013

I recently purchased Trados Studio 2014, and I am currently translating a MSDS document. Just now, I had a problem... A few of the segments automatically ended up in the wrong place as the project was initiated. Source text file looks fine to me, but I have no idea what would cause this, and therefore I am asking here. Is it a Trados related glitch or something with the client's text? What do I do? I have attached a screenshot of the issue underneath for reference.

Thanks,
Jonathan



Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:17
English
I can't see the problem? Oct 8, 2013

Jonathan Zylberstein wrote:

Just now, I had a problem... A few of the segments automatically ended up in the wrong place as the project was initiated. Source text file looks fine to me, but I have no idea what would cause this, and therefore I am asking here. Is it a Trados related glitch or something with the client's text? What do I do? I have attached a screenshot of the issue underneath for reference.



Hello Jonathan,

I can't see from the screenshot what's wrong because I don't know what you expect to see? Maybe you can elaborate... sorry for being a little slow on the uptake!

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jonathan Zylberstein  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:17
Member (2012)
English to Swedish
TOPIC STARTER
Seems like things are working out! Oct 8, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

Jonathan Zylberstein wrote:

Just now, I had a problem... A few of the segments automatically ended up in the wrong place as the project was initiated. Source text file looks fine to me, but I have no idea what would cause this, and therefore I am asking here. Is it a Trados related glitch or something with the client's text? What do I do? I have attached a screenshot of the issue underneath for reference.



Hello Jonathan,

I can't see from the screenshot what's wrong because I don't know what you expect to see? Maybe you can elaborate... sorry for being a little slow on the uptake!

Regards

Paul


No, sorry, it was me who was unclear in my first post! The segments that I put a red ring around were supposed to have been somewhere in the middle of the document, and not right at the front as it is right now. So, the text bit has been clipped out of the bit of the document that it is supposed to be in and instead it's at the front, without my interference. Hope that clears up things...

EDIT: I just checked the target file to see where the text segments would end up in the finished product, and it seems like it places itself where it should after all. It may just have been a noob's (me) false alarm!

Jonathan


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segment ending up misplaced? (Trados Studio 2014)

Advanced search







Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search