How to change the default track changes on setting when opening a file for review in Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Chunyi Chen

Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 19:40
English to Chinese
Oct 9, 2013

Hi! Can someone with advanced knowledge of Studio 2014 tell me whether I can change the default track changes on setting when I open a file for review? The Quick Start Guide says this feature is automatically turned on when an sdlxliff file is opened for review. I am working on an editing project in Studio where the client doesn't want track changes on. So every time I open a file for review, I need to manually use Ctrl+Alt+F9 to turn off the feature.

Is there a way to change this default setting to "off" until enabled? Alternatively, if I manually turn it off, is there a way to make Studio remember my preference and have this feature stayed off next time I open the same file for review?

Thank you!

Chun-yi


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:40
English
Track Changes Settings Oct 9, 2013

Hello Chun-yi,

It's not too tricky... you can go to File -> Options -> Editor -> Track Changes from anywhere, or if you have a file open for Review or Translation use the little "dinky" here in the Review Ribbon (I have no idea what this is called!):


Both take you to the place where you just check or uncheck the option.

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:40
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Dinky Oct 9, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

use the little "dinky" here in the Review Ribbon (I have no idea what this is called!):


Microsoft calls it a "dialog box launcher", but I much prefer "dinky"


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 19:40
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Done! Oct 9, 2013

Hi Paul,

It was so easy!! Thank you for sharing your expert knowledge with me--saves me a few mouse clicks every time I open a file for review.
And it's good to know there are two ways to get to where these settings are. The traditional (non-ribbon) way seems more straight forward, but the ribbon way is more visual and interesting. I like the ribbon way!

Chun-yi

SDL Support wrote:

Hello Chun-yi,

It's not too tricky... you can go to File -> Options -> Editor -> Track Changes from anywhere, or if you have a file open for Review or Translation use the little "dinky" here in the Review Ribbon (I have no idea what this is called!):


Both take you to the place where you just check or uncheck the option.

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 19:40
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
I learned a new word today Oct 9, 2013

Hi Emma and Paul,

Thank you for pointing out this interesting word--I would just browse through it without really thinking what it means.

Anyway, out of curiosity I googled it and found out two definitions on the web:

: overly or unattractively small ; also British : attractively small : cute

I am sure SDL used the second definition for "dinky":)

Chun-yi

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

SDL Support wrote:

use the little "dinky" here in the Review Ribbon (I have no idea what this is called!):


Microsoft calls it a "dialog box launcher", but I much prefer "dinky"


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:40
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Dinkies Oct 9, 2013

Chun-yi Chen wrote:

definition for "dinky":)



So glad you like the word, Chun-yi!
I do too and have just added a link to this thread in my blog post on dinkies and other new features in Studio:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/10/01/studio-2014-part-1/


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 19:40
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
another great resource Oct 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing the link, Emma.
I found your other article on Studio 2014 very helpful as well.

http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/10/09/studio-2014-part-2/

Chun-yi

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

I do too and have just added a link to this thread in my blog post on dinkies and other new features in Studio:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/10/01/studio-2014-part-1/


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to change the default track changes on setting when opening a file for review in Studio 2014?

Advanced search







BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search