Which versions of WORD are compatible with Trados 2007?
Thread poster: ghislaine rosso

ghislaine rosso  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:22
English to French
+ ...
Oct 9, 2013

I would like to know which versions of WORD compatible with Trados 2007 ?

tHANKS

Direct link Reply with quote

felicij  Identity Verified
German to Slovenian
+ ...
2003 Oct 9, 2013

and 2007 and 2010.

Jan Willem van Dormolen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Doc, not docx Oct 10, 2013

It's not so much the Word version, as the file format which is the determining factor.
Trados 2007 can handle .doc (and .xls), but not .docx (nor .xlsx).
So you could use Word 2003 or higher, but you would have to save the file as .doc first, not as .docx.
The translation itself is not the problem, but Trados 2007 will give an error message when you try to clean a .docx file.

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
Save as .doc Oct 10, 2013

I have been lucky - having translated .docx files without problems until I needed to clean them, I found that you can actually save the uncleaned files as .doc and clean them.
Even at that late stage, you can solve the problem in a few seconds, simply by saving as .doc

However, there are so many advantages with Studio 2011. 2014 looks promising, but I have not yet taken the leap!

Beate65
English to German
+ ...
2003 - 2010 Oct 10, 2013

Flicij is right Willem is wrong. I've worked docx in Trados 2007 quite often and have no issues at all related to Version. If there are issues they are caused by fomat Problems in the source files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which versions of WORD are compatible with Trados 2007?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search