Starting Studio 2014 launches 2 instances
Thread poster: philwhite
philwhite
Local time: 01:40
German to English
Oct 10, 2013

When I start Studio 2014 by double-clicking the desktop shortcut, it frequently (but not always) happens that two instances are launched (two instances are shown in the taskbar). One of these instances cannot be selected,, but can be shut down with a right mouse click. Shutting down the other instance closes both instances. I am using windows seven, 64 bit and the Freelance in addition of Studio.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Direct link Reply with quote

Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Could it be a Java issue? Oct 11, 2013

I saw the same thing, albeit with MultiTerm 2014 and not Studio.

I removed all of the outdated Java installations from my machine (I mistakenly thought that one should leave the older Java versions well alone, but recently discovered that this is not only unnecessary but counter productive as well). Since then I don't have that issue any more.
-Mike-

philwhite
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 11, 2013

Thanks for the headsup. I'll have a go. I see that I have a total of 5 updates installed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting Studio 2014 launches 2 instances

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search