Thread poster: hnoronha
hnoronha
hnoronha  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:11
German to English
+ ...
Oct 10, 2013

Has anyone upgraded from SDL-Trados Studio 2009 Professional to SDL-Trados Studio 2011 Professional automatically lost their license for the 2009 version? On trying to reset my 2009 license, I was told by SDL Support that this is what occurs. And if this is so, has anyone also automatically lost their 2011 license on upgrading to the 2014 license? I just upgraded but am not not sure what the SDL-Trados policy is. Myabe someone has had the same experience and can enlighten me.

Yorkshireman
Yorkshireman
Germany
Local time: 13:11
German to English
+ ...
Loss of earlier license on upgrading Oct 11, 2013

Hi,

the same happened to me with the 2009 license. . I now have Trados 2014 installed together with 2011, and they both use the same license and both work as expected. I'm only having one issue - when I start 2011 after using 2014 (and vice versa), I have to re-enter my basic settings (e.g. languages).

As this is rarely the case, I haven't taken up the issue with support yet.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Loss of earlier license on upgrading

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »