converting xml-file to sdltb-file (Termbase)
Thread poster: Gretel Schoukens

Gretel Schoukens  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 19:58
Member (2008)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 10, 2013

Hello,

I got from an agency a xml-file (and a xdt-file) as Termbase, as well as a csv- and an xls-file. However, for the import in Trados Studio 2014 it seems I need a sdltb-file.

How should I do this? Can the SDL MulitTerm Converter 2014 help me here? How should I do this?

Thank you in advance!
Gretel

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
It's pretty straightforward... Oct 10, 2013

... as the XDT file is like a map for MultiTerm to know how the data in the XML file is structured. This is required because Multiterm can take any form at all depending on the needs of the user.

So you create your SDLTB in MultiTerm using the XDT and then import the contents of the XML file into it.

The process is described in this KB article : http://goo.gl/BM9d6G

Regards

Paul

Gretel Schoukens  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2008)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Oct 11, 2013

Hello,

It didn't seem so straightforward to me, but I followed the steps (although the view in Studio 2014 changed a little bit) and managed to import the Termbase. Thank you very much for your help!

Gretel

Helga Humlova  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Great help! Oct 15, 2013

I just had the same question as Gretel the other day, and also for me Paul´s hint to the "cook book" was just perfect. Even though it pointed to Multiterm 2011, and I needed to handle 2014.

Maybe it would be a good idea for SDL to update and/or re-write those "recepies" for the most recent versions. Would be really appreciated.

[Bearbeitet am 2013-10-15 08:55 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

converting xml-file to sdltb-file (Termbase)

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search