Thread poster: Ognjenka Maric
Ognjenka Maric
Ognjenka Maric  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:10
Spanish to Bosnian
+ ...
Oct 10, 2013

When I try to export an Excel file translated in Trados, this error appears and I am unable to export it and create the translated Excel document.

The error appears twice, the first is exporting and the second states "Sdl.File.TypeSupport Filters.Excel.PluginFilter.FileWriterAndPreviewFileWriter.CExcelWriter" as source.

I would appreciate any reply as soon as possible. As always, these things happen when you have strict deadlines and most of the work is already done. <
... See more
When I try to export an Excel file translated in Trados, this error appears and I am unable to export it and create the translated Excel document.

The error appears twice, the first is exporting and the second states "Sdl.File.TypeSupport Filters.Excel.PluginFilter.FileWriterAndPreviewFileWriter.CExcelWriter" as source.

I would appreciate any reply as soon as possible. As always, these things happen when you have strict deadlines and most of the work is already done.

Thank you in advance.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
I would try... Oct 10, 2013

... opening the original source file again and then pre-translating from your TM and saving again. If that doesn't work open the excel file and try to save the target without pre-translating. If this doesn't work then Studio is finding a problem with the excel file and it may take a little more troubleshooting to recover the translation.

If you're not sure you can also send me the original source file and the fully translated sdlxliff and we can take a look.

Regards... See more
... opening the original source file again and then pre-translating from your TM and saving again. If that doesn't work open the excel file and try to save the target without pre-translating. If this doesn't work then Studio is finding a problem with the excel file and it may take a little more troubleshooting to recover the translation.

If you're not sure you can also send me the original source file and the fully translated sdlxliff and we can take a look.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]
Collapse

Ognjenka Maric
Ognjenka Maric  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still having problems Oct 11, 2013

Thank you once again for your prompt reply.

Unfortunatelly the first two ideas did not solve the problem, it didn't let me work with my translation memory in the first place, so I had to create a new one only for the project, and it doesn't let me save the target document even without translating (the same error appears "unable to save target document. object referente not set to an instance of an object")

I have seen now that the Excel file is partially protected (it i
... See more
Thank you once again for your prompt reply.

Unfortunatelly the first two ideas did not solve the problem, it didn't let me work with my translation memory in the first place, so I had to create a new one only for the project, and it doesn't let me save the target document even without translating (the same error appears "unable to save target document. object referente not set to an instance of an object")

I have seen now that the Excel file is partially protected (it is a form, so you are allowed to fill in only certain fields, it has drop-down lists etc.), perhaps that this could be the reason?

Also, I work with Office 2003, and this one is more recent.

However, this error has appeared to me before, actually it appears every time I turn on the computer, and more recently when edit the file for review. I have been able to export them from the translating editor so it didn't cause major problems, up till now.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »