No TM in a package (Studio 2011)
Thread poster: Lucy Williams

Lucy Williams  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:56
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Oct 10, 2013

I've opened a package in Trados 2011 (followed a SDL online tutorial for opening the package) but there's no TM.

Can I create a TM and add it to the package? Or is it there somewhere and I'm just being stupid?

How?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Ask the custumer Oct 11, 2013

Did you ask the customer? Did you find a TM directory after having opened the package?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Looking inside packages Oct 11, 2013

To look inside a package, you can use the SDL OpenExchange app called Package Reader:
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/packagereader-293.html?c=32018#32018
As well as checking to see if it has a TM, you can also see the analysis and preview the sdlxliff files.

Or, simply rename the extension to .zip (take off sdlppx) and check out the TM folder.

If your package hasn't got a TM, check with the person who sent it, and if it was intended, just create your own.

HTH,
Emma

Lucy Williams  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 11, 2013

I've sorted it out by adding a TM, thanks for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No TM in a package (Studio 2011)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search