Thread poster: Johanna Liljenzin

Johanna Liljenzin  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 03:00
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Oct 11, 2013

I have used Studio 2014 since the first day and I like it a lot; I have hardly encountered any problems so far. Until today, that is...

Background:

I work in Windows 7 on a mac computer, using Parallels Desktop 8. Windows is installed as a bootcamp partition under Parallels Desktop.

I usually have no problems with this setup, and Studio 2011 would run nicely in both the virtual environment (i.e. when you use your PC and Mac side by side, at the same time) and in Bootcamp (i.e. when you boot the computer in Windows, and use it as a pure Windows computer). I mostly run Windows virtually, as I find this more practical, but I sometimes want to run Windows via Bootcamp for performance reasons.

Problem:

As mentioned, I have now moved over to Studio 2014. Studio 2014 does not recognise my Windows installation as the same computer when I start it via Bootcamp instead of via Parallels Desktop. I was not surprised by this - it happens with a lot of other programmes, too. The usual workaround is to deactivate the licence in Parallels Desktop and activate it again in Bootcamp, and vice versa, just like you would if you switched "real" computers.

However, after I deactivated my Studio 2014 licence in the Parallels Desktop virtual environment, Trados will not let me reactivate it again - it seems to believe it is still in use on another computer. The irony is that I tried to reactivate it again right after I deactivated it, using the exact same setup, without switching to Bootcamp (I wanted to make sure that the deactivation/activation worked properly). I know the deactivation when through to SDL, as I can see in my SDL account online that I have "0 licences in use"...

I am waiting to hear back from SDL, but it may take days before I hear back from them... which means no more work today. Not great for productivity...

Has anyone else had problems with activating/deactivating/reactivating Studio 2014?

Kind regards,
Johanna

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 & Mac: Problem reactivating a deactivated licence

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search