Renew License purchased - active on website, expired in actual software!!
Thread poster: Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:48
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 13, 2013

Hi there,

I have purchased a license renew for my Trados Starter 2011 edition. Today I tried to activate it. So I just open the Trados Studio and entered Activation code shown on My Page.

Everything so far so good, I got a message saying something like 'succesfull activated'.

Trados however keeps on showing entry page where it says 'License Expired'.

I then noticed, there is actually a Trados 2014 to install. I thought, that my be the problem
... See more
Hi there,

I have purchased a license renew for my Trados Starter 2011 edition. Today I tried to activate it. So I just open the Trados Studio and entered Activation code shown on My Page.

Everything so far so good, I got a message saying something like 'succesfull activated'.

Trados however keeps on showing entry page where it says 'License Expired'.

I then noticed, there is actually a Trados 2014 to install. I thought, that my be the problem. I downloaded and installed Trados 2014. Now I have trados 2011 and Trados 2014 and both says
License Expired.

My Page (trados website) however says something different. It shows I have a 'license in use' and the only option I have is to 'Deactivate it'.

ACtual software says I don't have a license and the only option I have is 'Activate it'.

It is annoying and most of all frustrating to know I will start my day without having access to the product. I cannot see a solution to this, since:

- I cannot enter the software to reach the 'Help' area, where I could Deactivate the existing active license, because software is blocked and says my license is already in use.

- I cannot activate software, because the same software that says my license is expired, says my Activation Code is being 'In use' and that I should deactivate it.

- I cannot deactivate it because I have only the option of 'Activation' in the license window.

Does anyone else have experienced similar problem?

Off course I have wrote to Service desk, but they say 'up to 3 working days' - I guess considering I am relatively new as freelancer in 3 working days I am out of business.... While seeing my deadlines go by, I would really appreciate any earlier help on this.

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
?? Oct 14, 2013

Nobody from community has any idea? I have no answer from Trados support so far...

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
The support team... Oct 14, 2013

... are normally very fast despite the 3-days warning. But they will be relying on the details you entered in the case to get back to you. I did try to find you and make sure this was picked up but based on your name in here I could not.

Please feel free to send me an email and I can follow this up.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Contact Oct 14, 2013

Hello Paul,

thank you for your reply, I will contact you via email immediately. I don't know what I could have done wrong, since I understood the renew procces would not require me to Deactivate license first...
I will send you details shortly after, via email.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Renew License purchased - active on website, expired in actual software!!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »