Renew License purchased - active on website, expired in actual software!!
Thread poster: Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner
Soraya Guimarães Hoepfner  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:33
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 13, 2013

Hi there,

I have purchased a license renew for my Trados Starter 2011 edition. Today I tried to activate it. So I just open the Trados Studio and entered Activation code shown on My Page.

Everything so far so good, I got a message saying something like 'succesfull activated'.

Trados however keeps on showing entry page where it says 'License Expired'.

I then noticed, there is actually a Trados 2014 to install. I thought, that my be the problem
... See more
Hi there,

I have purchased a license renew for my Trados Starter 2011 edition. Today I tried to activate it. So I just open the Trados Studio and entered Activation code shown on My Page.

Everything so far so good, I got a message saying something like 'succesfull activated'.

Trados however keeps on showing entry page where it says 'License Expired'.

I then noticed, there is actually a Trados 2014 to install. I thought, that my be the problem. I downloaded and installed Trados 2014. Now I have trados 2011 and Trados 2014 and both says
License Expired.

My Page (trados website) however says something different. It shows I have a 'license in use' and the only option I have is to 'Deactivate it'.

ACtual software says I don't have a license and the only option I have is 'Activate it'.

It is annoying and most of all frustrating to know I will start my day without having access to the product. I cannot see a solution to this, since:

- I cannot enter the software to reach the 'Help' area, where I could Deactivate the existing active license, because software is blocked and says my license is already in use.

- I cannot activate software, because the same software that says my license is expired, says my Activation Code is being 'In use' and that I should deactivate it.

- I cannot deactivate it because I have only the option of 'Activation' in the license window.

Does anyone else have experienced similar problem?

Off course I have wrote to Service desk, but they say 'up to 3 working days' - I guess considering I am relatively new as freelancer in 3 working days I am out of business.... While seeing my deadlines go by, I would really appreciate any earlier help on this.

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
?? Oct 14, 2013

Nobody from community has any idea? I have no answer from Trados support so far...

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
The support team... Oct 14, 2013

... are normally very fast despite the 3-days warning. But they will be relying on the details you entered in the case to get back to you. I did try to find you and make sure this was picked up but based on your name in here I could not.

Please feel free to send me an email and I can follow this up.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Germany
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Contact Oct 14, 2013

Hello Paul,

thank you for your reply, I will contact you via email immediately. I don't know what I could have done wrong, since I understood the renew procces would not require me to Deactivate license first...
I will send you details shortly after, via email.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Renew License purchased - active on website, expired in actual software!!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »