Thread poster: Anna Carter

Anna Carter
United States
Local time: 17:59
Member (2013)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 15, 2013

Thank you in advance for help on this topic. I run SDL trados 2011 and multiterm 2011 on a mac via Parallels. Specifically in multi-term, I can not get spell check to work. This means I can't easily place accent marks in my term bank. Ideally, I would know the shortcuts, but I have not found this solution (with a mac keyboard, running Mult-term).
Does anyone have a suggestion for one of the two mentions problems? (spellcheck in multiterm or keyboard shortcuts for accents, using a mac keyboard)
Thank you!
Anna

Direct link Reply with quote

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:59
German to English
Shortcuts Oct 15, 2013

Mac Users
To get accents on the Mac, hold down the Option key, and while holding it down, type the letter e; then release those keys and type the letter that you want the accent to appear on:

á = Opt + e, then a
é = Opt + e, then e
í = Opt + e, then i
ó = Opt + e, then o
ú = Opt + e, then u
For the ñ, hold down the Option key while you type the n; release and type n again.

ñ = Opt + n, then n
To place the diaeresis over the u, hold down the Option key while pressing the u key; release and type u again.

ü = Opt + u, then u
The inverted punctuation marks are achieved as follows:

¡ = Opt + 1
¿ Opt + shift + ?

I am assuming that you want the Spanish special characters and I found this after a quick Google search. I am sorry, but my Mac knowledge is not that good. Do these shortcuts not work when running Parallels?

Anna Carter
United States
Member (2013)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
control and e, then a letter does not give a letter with an accent... Oct 15, 2013

Thank you for the quick response! No, it does not work. e.g., option and e together open up the edit menu in multiterm. I'm having to go to word, type the word out correctly with accent marks, then copy and paste. Not a reasonable solution. I can not even get spell check to work. If it did, I could intentionally mispell and choose the word with the accent mark. Thanks for trying.

Anna Carter
United States
Member (2013)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I give up on accent marks. Does Multiterm have spellcheck? Oct 22, 2013

If I can force a spellcheck in multi-term, I can work around the problem of not being able to type tildes and accent marks. (mac keyboard using parallels on windows.) Thank you for any ideas you can send my way! (alt+codes does not work) Anna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spellcheck and accent marks multiterm

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search