Can I do reverse filtering in Trados 2011?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 04:30
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 17, 2013

G'day everyone

I received a translation package from a client, and opened it, and as I scrolled down the file, I absent-mindedly clicked inside a few segments, and Trados automatically inserted some fuzzy matches into those segments.

I then scrolled back to the top and opted to filter only "non-translated" segments. To my great surprise, not only 100% matches were filtered out but those segments in which fuzzy matches were inserted were also filtered out (presumably Trados believes that they are non-non-translated)! It's a good thing I noticed this.

However, now my question becomes: is there a way to reverse a filter in Trados 2011? I can select to display only 100% matches, but is there a way that I can choose to display everything *except* 100% matches?

Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:30
English
No... Oct 17, 2013

... but maybe you can lock everything. Then unlock everything apart from 100%. Finally display on unlocked.

If you do have 2014 installed then you could use the SDLXLIFF Toolkit on a 2011 SDLXLIFF to go this for a project fairly easily,,, otherwise I think it would be 2 or 3 filtering exercises per files.

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I do reverse filtering in Trados 2011?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search