studio 2014 and win 8.1
Thread poster: Olly Pekelharing

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:59
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
Oct 19, 2013

I just installed windows 8.1 but I notice that studio forgets all the projects in the projects view every time I reopen studio.

Regards,

Olly

Direct link Reply with quote

Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 02:59
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mine is working fine Oct 19, 2013

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

I just installed windows 8.1 but I notice that studio forgets all the projects in the projects view every time I reopen studio.

Regards,

Olly

I installed Win 8.1 and already delivered a few projects with Studio 2014. I still have the list with all projects in it.
MemoQ is not starting instead.

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Same Here With Studio 2014 Oct 19, 2013

.. no major issue with upgrading to 8.1, seems to be working fine. Same issue though with MemoQ - 6.2 running fine but 2013 is hanging.

HTH,

Bernard

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Storage of Projects.xml Oct 21, 2013

Hi Olly,

Have you managed to resolve this yet? We have not heard or seen this issue for anyone else on 8.1 so it's unlikely to be related.

The projects are stored in a file called Projects.XML. You can find the location of this by going to c:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SDL\ProjectApi\11.0.0.0\Sdl.ProjectApi.xml

and opening that in an editor, you will then see a line:
LocalProjectServerInfo LocalDataFolder
including a path. This will tell you where your Projects.xml is stored (by default: C:\Users\\Documents\Studio 2014\Projects)

If that file is stored somewhere "weird" it might be the cause of the issue. Maybe you store it in SkyDrive, Dropbox, NAS, Windos Share etc?

Cheers,
Luis

[Edited at 2013-10-21 14:00 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-10-21 14:21 GMT]

Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Not solved Oct 21, 2013

Hi Luis,

I've checked that path, and it's where you say it should be and not synced to any backup service. Have turned off skydrive just to be sure, but I'm still getting the issue: on restarting, projects not displayed and the reports and file icons missing from the left hand toolbar.

Thanks,

Olly

United Kingdom
English
off forum Oct 22, 2013

Thanks Olly, we'll contact you off forum to have a look at your machine and figure out what's happening.

Cheers,
Luis

Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Support: hope to hear from you soon... Oct 23, 2013

Hi Luis,

I know I don't have a support contract, but I'd love to hear from you soon, as ongoing projects are mounting and this issue is becoming very irritating!

Regards,

Olly

United Kingdom
English
e-mail sent Oct 24, 2013

Hi Olly,

We actually had sent you a mail offering a remote session and were waiting for you to respond, but it sounds like you didn't get the mail.

I've asked the engineer to reach out to you again today.

Cheers,
Luis

Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Trados! Oct 25, 2013

Richard of support just finished looking at the problem on my computer and had it fixed in no time. Turned out I had the file stored under a skydrive folder after all.

Regards,

Olly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

studio 2014 and win 8.1

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search