chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 13:30
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Oct 20, 2013

Hello experts,

I have Trados Freelance 7.0 and Windows XP. The TagEditor works fine for .ttx files. I have got a sdlxliff.ttx file to translate yesterday. It is quite surprising that the translation available in TM is not reproduced when I open the new segments. Not only this, it does not fetch me the same or similar segments which I have translated in the same file. The target segments remain blank.

The matching translation is shown in Workbench. So, I have opened it on a different monitor. As and when, I get a same or similar segment, I have to copy the translation from Workbench and then paste it in the target segments. It kills time.

What is the reason behind this problem and how I should fix it?

Thanks in anticipation.

Chopra

Direct link Reply with quote

Anna Haxen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 09:00
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
Had the same problem Oct 20, 2013

I don't know how to fix it, but you can insert the translation by using "get translation" or Alt+Shift+Insert. At least it is quicker than copying and pasting.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why TagEditor does not reproduce the translation available in TM

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search