Piero Intonti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:01
Italian to English
+ ...
Oct 21, 2013

Hello, everybody.
I would like a suggestion.
I have to use Dragon Naturally Speaking within Trados 2011.
Can anyone tell me what version of Dragon naturally Speaking is compatible with Trados 2011. There are three of it, Home, Premium and Professional.
Thanks in advance for a reply.
Piero

Direct link Reply with quote

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
AFAIK Oct 21, 2013

I use WF Classic and Dragon Premium 11.5 and they work fine together. I don't use Trados, but my friend does and he also has no problems with Dragon and (I think he uses) the Trados 2011 studio.

PS: I just skyped him and it turns out he's using Trados 2007, 8.3.0.863 (build 863), whatever that means, and his Dragon Premium (version 11.0) works fine with that.
However, he also says "It only sort of works with 2011. Another reason for staying with 2007 and Windows XP for as long as poss"...
I then asked him to define "sort of" and he says:
"You have to say "Get term and move to next translation unit", or some such nonsense. With 2007 you just say "translate to fuzzy" and it jumps to the next translation unit. My version also lets you use the instructions "Get translation", which the new one doesn't, as far as I can tell."

So, it probably does work with 2011, but not as fluidly as he'd like.

[Edited at 2013-10-21 16:37 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

compatibility between Trados 2011 and Dragon Naturally Speaking

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search