Terms Adding to Incorrect Language in MultiTerm 2014
Thread poster: Gabrielle Parnes Garcia

Gabrielle Parnes Garcia
Local time: 01:54
French to English
+ ...
Oct 21, 2013

Hello, everyone,

I just updated to 2014. I have a multilingual TermBase. I think that at some point, my TB may have been corrupted, because when I add the TermBase to a translation project, and I am using Spanish as the source language, in the "Languages" window at the bottom of the screen, the TermBase language shows as "Latin" (rather than Spanish).

This also happened in 2011, but all I needed to do was to correct that tab and make it "Spanish" instead of Latin.

However, ever since beginning to work with 2014, whether I correct the language from Latin to Spanish or not, when I add terms directly to the TermBase through the editor view in Studio 2014, the Spanish term is added under Latin. I know I can cut that term and paste it to the Spanish entry, but this takes a lot of time and slows things down considerably.

Anyone ever have a similar experience or know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terms Adding to Incorrect Language in MultiTerm 2014

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search