Thread poster: Corinne Le Gallic

Corinne Le Gallic  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 15:52
Member (2013)
English to French
Oct 22, 2013

Hi,
I am translating a xls file with Trados Studio 2011.

The differences between the new fragment to be translated and existing partial match segments in memory (which used to appear in blue when extra word and crossed red when not present, between new and existing in memory), do not appear anymore (in the top window showing the fragment to be translated and possible translations).

I think this is the case since I deleted 3 xml files as per some instructions I found on this forum to fix a bug (which stopped me from saving the target file the other day). This deletion reset my settings and fixed the bug.

I check in tools - options - translation results window, and the search result display mode is "show original translation unit"with both difference options checked (show document source segment differences and show TM source segment differences.

Could you please tell me how can I make the translation window show the differences again?

Thanks,
Regards,
Corinne

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:52
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Check in the View menu Oct 22, 2013

I'm not currently in front Studio so I can't give exact instructions, but if I recall correctly the option that you are looking for is in the View menu (the one at the top, part of the File, Edit...etc. menu). Selecting the right option from there will add the translation results pane.

Also, it could be that you switched to another tab (at the bottom) in the translation results pane, so worth checking that out as well.

Australia
Member (2013)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I can see the translation results pane Oct 22, 2013

Hi Shai,
I can see the translation results pane. This is not my problem. Perhaps I was not clear enough in my first post.

The problem is, in the translation results pane, when I have a fuzzy match between a new segment and my TM, the differences between the new fragment and the translation result from the TM are not shown clearly (as in missing words crossed in red and added words in blue, like it is supposed to be normally).

There must be a setting to turn this feature back on that I can't find...

Thanks for trying to help though...
Cheers,
Corinne

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:52
English
Are you also using Machine Translation? Oct 22, 2013

Hi,

If you are then try changing the order of the TM Providers in the Project Settings. If the MT provider is moved to the bottom of your list of providers then the mark up will probably return.

Regards

Paul

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:52
English to French
+ ...
Options Oct 22, 2013

Hi Corinne,

You must have changed your Options -> Editor -> Translation Results Window -> Differences Options -> Show check boxes.

HTH,

Bernard

Australia
Member (2013)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paul! Oct 22, 2013

This makes sense too... Now that you are pointing this out... Was trying MT on this repetitive project and I haven't been careful about the order of the TM...

Thank you all for your help.

Kind regards,
Corinne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Display differences in segments in editor

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search