Yuki Okada  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:09
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Oct 22, 2013

Hi,

I am translating Japanese Excel files into English using Trados Studio 2011. To be more exact, I am supposed to leave Japanese and add English so the resulting Excel file is bilingual.

Many of the Excel files contain text boxes, and some of them contain multiple lines (there are line breaks).

When I see the resulting (translated) Excel files, I find that many text boxes are simply gone (does not exist) or only the first line is remaining and the rest
... See more
Hi,

I am translating Japanese Excel files into English using Trados Studio 2011. To be more exact, I am supposed to leave Japanese and add English so the resulting Excel file is bilingual.

Many of the Excel files contain text boxes, and some of them contain multiple lines (there are line breaks).

When I see the resulting (translated) Excel files, I find that many text boxes are simply gone (does not exist) or only the first line is remaining and the rest is gone.

It does appear to be a bug. Does anyone know how to avoid it?

This behaviour is not very consistent: Some text boxes are there all right.

Trados version: Studio 2011 SP2R - 10.4.3107.2 (It was updated while I am on this project)
Excel version: Mostly xls (not xlsx, but xlsx had the same issue)

Thank you!

Yuki Okada
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Text box disappears from Excel

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »