Trados 2011, problem when updating from exteral review
Thread poster: charlie2017
charlie2017
charlie2017
China
Oct 23, 2013

Software: windows xp, trados studio 2011 sp2

After received the revised Word file generated by "export for external review" command, i proceed to "update from external review" but an error appeared, the message read : segment numbers must be unique, problem when processing segment #.

I scanned the segment numbers in the Word file but found nothing wrong.

Any solution? Did the reviser make something wrong?

PS: it's a 10000 words file and
... See more
Software: windows xp, trados studio 2011 sp2

After received the revised Word file generated by "export for external review" command, i proceed to "update from external review" but an error appeared, the message read : segment numbers must be unique, problem when processing segment #.

I scanned the segment numbers in the Word file but found nothing wrong.

Any solution? Did the reviser make something wrong?

PS: it's a 10000 words file and i don't want to make the changes in the Trados file manually according to the revised file.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:07
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Two solutions Oct 23, 2013

You can use the compare-function in Word in order to check what the reviewer has changed.
If there are only a few changes in the target column you could adjust your translation straight in Studio editor. If there are many changes you can copy the edited target columns into the original export file, remove the old target column and try to update with this file.

charlie2017
charlie2017
China
TOPIC STARTER
The later one works Oct 30, 2013

Thank you, Since there are many changes, I used the later solution and it turned out EXCELLENT——cut the problematic column and use it replace the original column-smart way!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011, problem when updating from exteral review

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »