Studio 2014 Update (11.0.3636.0)
Thread poster: Giles Watson

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:35
Italian to English
Oct 24, 2013

There was a prompt to update Studio to the above build this morning.

It would be nice to know what's in the package but kb.sdl.com seems to be down at the moment. Does anyone know what the new build does and, especially, whether it's safe to update Java yet?

MTIA

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
CU12 for Studio 2011 Oct 24, 2013

Dear Giles et al.,

This CU released this morning does not resolve anything associated with the Java issues.

The fix for the problem created by CU11 yesterday has now been released as CU12. So if you restart Studio 2011 today you should see the automatic update available as long as you have this switched on (Tools -> Options -> Automatic Updates)

If you received a patch from SDL already then don't worry, this will not be affected by the update.

You can find more information on this in KB article #4536. But if you can't access the article, or the KB generally at the moment, it's because we seem to be also suffering from some temporary network issues that the IT teams are working on.

Also note that if you are experiencing problems as a result of the CU11 update then you will have to recreate the merged files you were working on after applying the CU12 patch (or the dll fix provided to some users so far).

I think you are referring to CU1 for STudio 2014 that was released earlier in the week. This also doesn't address the Java issues as this requires a further update from Oracle or the removal of our reliance on Java completely (a larger project).

Regards

Paul

[Edited at 2013-10-24 10:33 GMT]

Italy
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
That was swift! Oct 24, 2013

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the swift reply.

Yes, I was referring to the earlier update. I'll just have to stick with Java 25 for the time being, then.

Thanks again.

[Edited at 2013-10-24 10:43 GMT]

Gripen
Netherlands
CU1 install. Oct 24, 2013

Hi Paul,

After applying CU1 I found that it doesn't display an "Update successful" message on several machines. Then, when opening TS2014 I see that the build number is still the same, have you guys seen this error?

In Control Panel -> Programs and Features ->
SDL Trados Studio 2014 - Remove suite of products -> 3.0.3636
SDL Trados Studio 2014 -> 3.0.3653

TS 2014 splash screen displays -> 11.0.3636.0
TS 2014 Help -> About SDL Trados Studio displays -> 11.0.3636.0

Non critical at the moment, just wanted to let you know and ask if this is a known issue? If so, is there a solution already?

Regards,
Gripen

Italy
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
KB 4947 Oct 24, 2013

Gripen wrote:

Hi Paul,

After applying CU1 I found that it doesn't display an "Update successful" message on several machines. Then, when opening TS2014 I see that the build number is still the same, have you guys seen this error?

In Control Panel -> Programs and Features ->
SDL Trados Studio 2014 - Remove suite of products -> 3.0.3636
SDL Trados Studio 2014 -> 3.0.3653

TS 2014 splash screen displays -> 11.0.3636.0
TS 2014 Help -> About SDL Trados Studio displays -> 11.0.3636.0

Non critical at the moment, just wanted to let you know and ask if this is a known issue? If so, is there a solution already?

Regards,
Gripen

Hi Gripen,

I finally got through to the SDL knowledge base, where article 4947 says:

After applying this cumulative update, the version number displayed in Studio's Help > About dialog box is not updated and stays at 11.0.3636.0, and the installer version (listed in Control Panel > Programs and Features > SDL Trados Studio 2014 > Support Information) is updated to 3.0.3653. The version number in Studio does not change because the core executable, SDLTradosStudio.exe, has not been updated in this cumulative update. To check whether this cumulative update has installed successfully, you can also look at the installed updates under Control Panel > Programs and Features > View Installed Updates. You will find this cumulative update listed under SDL Trados Studio 2014.

Does this help?

Giles

[Edited at 2013-10-24 14:09 GMT]

Gripen
Netherlands
oooh Oct 25, 2013

Hi Giles,

Thanks a million I thought the installer was not working correctly and had almost made a ticket at support! That is exactly the info I needed.
Next time I'll carefully read the KB.

Regards,
Gripen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 Update (11.0.3636.0)

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search