SDLX formatting in Studio
Thread poster: Ronald van Riet

Ronald van Riet  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:06
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 24, 2013

I try to standardize on Studio (2014 lately) where itd-files and ttx-files can easily be imported as can old fashioned TMs. But some translation agencies insist on SDLX-type formatting which is lost in Studio.

Can anyone help me with settings that keep the SDLX formatting (red for full match, gold for pre-translated etc.) when importing itd-files into Studio?

Thanks in advance

Ronald

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Working with ITD... Oct 24, 2013

Hi Ronald,

I think the best practice, at least for SDL when they work with ITD, is to make sure of the following in the Filetype options in Studio under SDL Edit -> General:

1. “Automatically confirm 100% matches” should not be activated.
  2. “Confirm segment after applying an exact match” should not be activated.

Most SDL TMS solutions are moving to SDLXLIFF so there will be less ITD around, but if you do still get them these options may help.

Regards

Paul

Ronald van Riet  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that seems to work Oct 25, 2013

thanks, that seems to work, now all I need to do is try and get the glossary (extension .tdb) converted...

Ronald

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX formatting in Studio

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search