Different target in TM: "Apply translation" greyed out, Ctrl+T doesn't work (St 2011 SP2)
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
Member (2012)
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 25, 2013

After a long break, I again have to struggle with this weird issue: in Studio 2011 SP2 with the latest updates, whenever I encounter a segment that is translated differently in TM, I cannot replace the translation using Ctrl-T shortcut or "Apply translation" menu item.

Some time ago I had this issue (http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/240044-different_target_in_tm_but_apply_translation_greyed_out.html) and even had a remote troubleshooting session with Paul during which the trouble disappeared when I opened and closed "Project Settings" window without doing anything else. But this time that trick doesn't help.

Anyone? Paul?

Direct link Reply with quote

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
Member (2012)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I may have found the culprit Dec 29, 2013

The Apply Translation command (and the Ctrl+T shortcut) become active after I checked and repaired my data disk using chkdsk command.

BTW, the original reason for using this command was that one of my TMs became unreadable after a crash. The automatic recovery performed on boot by Windows thus proved insufficient.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Different target in TM: "Apply translation" greyed out, Ctrl+T doesn't work (St 2011 SP2)

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search