Different target in TM: "Apply translation" greyed out, Ctrl+T doesn't work (St 2011 SP2)
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 25, 2013

After a long break, I again have to struggle with this weird issue: in Studio 2011 SP2 with the latest updates, whenever I encounter a segment that is translated differently in TM, I cannot replace the translation using Ctrl-T shortcut or "Apply translation" menu item.

Some time ago I had this issue (http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/240044-different_target_in_tm_but_apply_translation_greyed_out.html) and even had a remote troubleshooting session with Paul during which the trouble disappeared when I opened and closed "Project Settings" window without doing anything else. But this time that trick doesn't help.

Anyone? Paul?

Direct link Reply with quote

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I may have found the culprit Dec 29, 2013

The Apply Translation command (and the Ctrl+T shortcut) become active after I checked and repaired my data disk using chkdsk command.

BTW, the original reason for using this command was that one of my TMs became unreadable after a crash. The automatic recovery performed on boot by Windows thus proved insufficient.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Different target in TM: "Apply translation" greyed out, Ctrl+T doesn't work (St 2011 SP2)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search