Thread poster: James Kirchner
James Kirchner  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:19
Member (2008)
Czech to English
+ ...
Oct 25, 2013

I have both Studio 2011 and Studio 2014 installed on my machine.

A couple days ago I allowed a Java update to my system (Java 7 Update 45).

After that, I got an error message saying that my security settings were blocking me from using MultiTerm.

This is apparently a known problem, so I went to the SDL knowledge base and performed the alleged fix. (I reduced my Java security level from Very High to just High, and once even to Medium.) Then I shut down Trados Studio, rebooted my computer, and launched Studio again.

The result was that I didn't get the error message anymore, but I'm still blocked from using MultiTerm.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

James

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:19
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Uninstall update 45 and reinstall updaet 25 Oct 25, 2013

as explained in MultiTerm 2014 stopped working after updating to Java 7 update 45.

James Kirchner  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:19
Member (2008)
Czech to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked. Oct 26, 2013

Thank you. This worked perfectly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm disabled (2011 and 2014)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search