Trados Studio 2011 source in generated translation
Thread poster: Krzysztof Swierczynski
Krzysztof Swierczynski
Krzysztof Swierczynski
Local time: 08:58
English to Polish
Oct 27, 2013

Hello, I'll welcome any help regarding the following issue in Studio 2011.

I have translated the entire .doc file (many images, large size, formatting pretty straightforward) and, after I export or generate the translation, only the first paragraph or so is displayed in the target language, while the rest is the source text, word for word. There are no errors or special messages. I have been dealing with System out of memory exception for some time, might that be the issue? Or rathe
... See more
Hello, I'll welcome any help regarding the following issue in Studio 2011.

I have translated the entire .doc file (many images, large size, formatting pretty straightforward) and, after I export or generate the translation, only the first paragraph or so is displayed in the target language, while the rest is the source text, word for word. There are no errors or special messages. I have been dealing with System out of memory exception for some time, might that be the issue? Or rather the problem lies in the communication between Trados and Word?

Feel free to post any suggestions. Thanks in advance!h
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:58
English
Can I see the file? Oct 27, 2013

Hello Mr Cook,

If you can share the original source file and the translated sdlxliff I'll be happy to take a look at it. Off the op of my head the only explanation I can offer is that perhaps some of the text was hidden and wasn't handled in Studio at all but I guess that's too obvious and you would have noticed. So if you can share the files perhaps we can figure out what's happening.

Regards

Paul
<
... See more
Hello Mr Cook,

If you can share the original source file and the translated sdlxliff I'll be happy to take a look at it. Off the op of my head the only explanation I can offer is that perhaps some of the text was hidden and wasn't handled in Studio at all but I guess that's too obvious and you would have noticed. So if you can share the files perhaps we can figure out what's happening.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 source in generated translation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »