Trados Studio 2011 source in generated translation
Thread poster: Mr_Cook
Mr_Cook
Local time: 05:44
English to Polish
Oct 27, 2013

Hello, I'll welcome any help regarding the following issue in Studio 2011.

I have translated the entire .doc file (many images, large size, formatting pretty straightforward) and, after I export or generate the translation, only the first paragraph or so is displayed in the target language, while the rest is the source text, word for word. There are no errors or special messages. I have been dealing with System out of memory exception for some time, might that be the issue? Or rather the problem lies in the communication between Trados and Word?

Feel free to post any suggestions. Thanks in advance!h

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:44
English
Can I see the file? Oct 27, 2013

Hello Mr Cook,

If you can share the original source file and the translated sdlxliff I'll be happy to take a look at it. Off the op of my head the only explanation I can offer is that perhaps some of the text was hidden and wasn't handled in Studio at all but I guess that's too obvious and you would have noticed. So if you can share the files perhaps we can figure out what's happening.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 source in generated translation

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search