Multiterm stops working with Trados Studio 2011 after java update?
Thread poster: Peter Berntsen

Peter Berntsen  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 09:43
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 29, 2013

I applied the latest patch to Studio 2011 and then also had to update java. However, after this, Multiterm no longer works together with Studio. I can edit entries, but I do not get suggestions!?

Do I need to reverse the java update? Or, will Studio stop working then?

Any advice?

[Edited at 2013-10-29 12:40 GMT]

I should probably add that I have Windows 8 and that I have IE, Opera and Firefox installed (I realised that after Reading some other topics).

[Edited at 2013-10-29 12:41 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 10:43
English to Hebrew
+ ...
A known issue Oct 29, 2013

See here for example http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/258664-unable_to_add_to_termbase_after_studio_2014_update.html#2219258

You should uninstall Update 45 and in the meantime revert to update 25, with or without changing the security settings depending on how your system reacts. Reverting the the previous Java version should not have any effect on the functionality of Studio or any other Java-based software.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm stops working with Trados Studio 2011 after java update?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search