cannot 'Save Target as' from TagEditor into a .pptx file
Thread poster: Marialba Baez

Marialba Baez  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:58
English to Spanish
Oct 29, 2013

I am having problems when trying to 'Save Target as' from TagEditor into a .pptx file. The error I am getting is:

Exception of type 'Office12.PowerPointPlugInFilter.SDLTRADOSException.CPPTDataContainerException' was thrown

I worked from a tag editor file I received. I edited it and tried to save target as pptx (original file format) to no avail. I tried using Trados 2007, 2009 and 2011...nothing works. I tried running te source pptx file I received but it is not identical to the English on the tag editor file. The original/source pptx is longer so if I re-translate it using my updated TM there are many slides and portions of slides in English (impossible to clean).

In the folder I have the old tag editor files, the new edited tag editor files, the source ppptx files (that do not match unfortunately) and the TM.

I need to be able to Save As Target...what can I do? Thanks for your help!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cannot 'Save Target as' from TagEditor into a .pptx file

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search