Thread poster: Thomas Johansson

Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 08:39
Member (2005)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 29, 2013

I'm trying to add terms to a termbase from inside the Editor. Usually, pressing Ctrl+F2, with the source and target terms highlighted, will display the two terms for saving/editing in the Termbase Viewer.
But it's not working now for some reason. (The terms don't show in the Termbase Viewer when pressing Ctrl+F2.)

The same thing happens if I open MultiTerm and try to add terms there - nothing happens when I press F3 to add the terms.

Any ideas what's wrong? I'm using Trados 2011.

Thomas

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:39
English to French
+ ...
Java Issue... Oct 29, 2013

have you updated to the latest Java version (45), if so revert to 25 to fix it -many posts about it.

HTH,

Bernard

Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 08:39
Member (2005)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Oct 30, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

have you updated to the latest Java version (45), if so revert to 25 to fix it -many posts about it.

HTH,

Bernard

Thank you, that helped. You are right, I just installed the latest version. Following your advice, I uninstalled it, which left me with my old version (24). It still didn't work, so I let Java update and it chose to update to version 26 and now it works fine.

Claudia Schreiner  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Termbase - not able to add terms Nov 6, 2013

I have the same problem. So I deinstalled the latest version 45. Now I have no version on my computer and when I go to the Java-website I can only choose to dowload the latest version 45. So what shall I do? Can anyone help?

It's really annoying that there are always these problems with Trados and that they don't upgrade.

Claudia

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 16:39
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Many thanks! Nov 6, 2013

After removing the Java 7 (45) and reverting to previous version the process of adding terminology from withing Studio 14 works perfect.

Bernard Lieber wrote:

HTH,

Bernard

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
@Claudia Nov 6, 2013

Hi Claudia

Go to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\SDLMultiTerm2014\modules

There you will find the jre-7u25-windows-i586.exe that is Java 7 Update 25. You can install it from there.

Kind regards
Richard | Support Engineer | SDL | Language Technologies Division |

Have a problem with our support? Maybe you already can find an answer in our Knowledge Base here: http://kb.sdl.com
Here you find solutions to known issues and many more....
If you want to keep up-2-date with the latest released articles you can also follow me on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/Richard___P

Austria
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Termbase - not able to add terms Nov 6, 2013

Thank you for your reply, Richard!

There I found "jre 1.6.0_24". Shall I use this one?

Just a question: And isn't it somehow dangerous to avoid updating the latest Java version, if you're e.g. doing a lot or research on the Internet?

Thanks for your help!
Claudia

United Kingdom
English
KB #4956 Nov 6, 2013

Hi Claudia

In the KB article #4956 ( http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4956&source=article&c=12&cid=23 ) in Resolution > Workaround 1 you will find a link for the direct download of Java 7 Update 25.

Just a question: And isn't it somehow dangerous to avoid updating the latest Java version, if you're e.g. doing a lot or research on the Internet?

The applet itself only runs locally and not directly in the web, so actually less insecure. But yeah, its still "security". Every version of Java contains security problems and yes, it is not a bad idea to update it. The sad part is that Oracle was implementing new requirements that publishers need to apply. SDL did that and 2 weeks later Oracle released an update (45) to fix issues but also simply set new requirements > blocked the existing ones that we applied > and now leaves only the choice to let it work with Update 45 (or higher) or Update 40 (or less) with new requirements.

We are working on something to meet the new expectations of Oracle's Java and only can provide the workarounds from the KB article #4956

Regards
Richard

Austria
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
#4956 Nov 6, 2013

Thank you for your help, Richard!

Now I can see the problem with Oracle!

Is it possible to get an info from SDL as soon as the next Java-update can/should be done?

Claudia

United Kingdom
English
Subscribe to article Nov 6, 2013

Hi Claudia

You can subscribe (open the article and on the right side see "article subscription") to the KB article 4956

When we have a permanent fix or any update, the article will be updated and if this happens you will receive a notification.

This is the probably the best and fastest way to keep up-2-date on this.

Regards
Richard

Austria
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Thank you! Nov 6, 2013

Excellent Richard!

Thanks one more time!

Claudia

MikeTrans
Germany
Member (2005)
Italian to German
+ ...
Tick the Java Runtime Engine Startup in the Options (the last below) Nov 6, 2013

Hi,

Java Update 24 + Java Update 25 that comes from the Studio install works fine. As said in the title, I have this enabled and all works like a charm. The first time, Java will prompt you about some "risks" involved which you must accept, accept it and also tick the "do not show in the future". You may also have to adapt your Anti-virus software.

To change it: File > Options > tick the last entry and enable. Restart Studio.

Greets,
Mike

[Edited at 2013-11-06 14:20 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase - not able to add terms

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search